Friday, October 31, 2008

Horror Stories


That day you saw horror on my face is the day I had no fear.
"Bago pa man ako tumapang ay natuto na akong matakot."
What makes horror literature so pervasive is that it needs to evoke atmosphere of fear. Horror for me is not only dealing with supernatural also with normal. Sometimes normal people is scary when behaved strangely. I wrote so many horrifying characters. The glass voodoo witch, black magician, evil-twin, psychic investigator who sees death, sleepwalker who is like dead man walking, a chef who cooked human stew. The story of a surgeon and forensic psychologist who tried to find out what is inside the brain of a criminals like Jack the Ripper, Freddie Kruegger, Jason and other serial killers. The surgeon has found what he called "a cookie-cutter syndrome," a striking similarity in serial killers. The behaviour of the brain had strong urge to kill. At the end he became a killer doctor. My favorite and my very owned Psychic Vampire, instead of blood the vampire sucks the strenght of the human spirit.
Horror fiction intended to thrill readers by provoking fear, exposing horrifying experience, gruesome , violent, supernatural events.
But horror by nature is a personal touch, an intrusion into our comfort levels.
I write for horror with this intention to face your fear.....confront the unknown. And to collect my talent fee. Hek-hek-hek!

No comments: