Saturday, October 4, 2008

Woman of Wisdom



Students of Science School
A wise person has self-knowledge.
In positive psychology expert have defined wisdom (psychological perspective) as the coordination of knowledge and experience use to improve well-being.
Its really surprising when a group of sophomore students from Cavite National Science School visited me and conducted an interview about my family customs, belief, talent, values, inspiration, principle and how those factors affect my vision in life.
In their English class, they discussed about Confucius sayings until Teacher Ligsa assigned them to interview a woman of wisdom.
Why me?
It takes a firmed hand to let them know that I am not a woman of wisdom,
but I can share views and wisdom in my own little way.
Confucius stated that wisdom can be learned by three methods: Reflection (the noblest), imitation (the easiest) and experience (the bitterest). According to "Doctrine of the Mean," Confucius also said, "Love of learning is akin to wisdom. To practice with vigor is akin to humanity. To know to be shameful is akin to courage.
I am still hunger for knowledge.
Even the wise man Socrates said, "At the age of 70 I knew nothing."



4 comments:

Bharat said...

Yes, Experience is an important aspect in learning wisdom. Its true that "Love of Learning is akin to wisdom" There is no age of learning. Its a continuous process.

we must learn from our misrtakes. and not a single lesson from outside make us wise but as u stated in the beginning of ur blog A Wise person has self knowledge.

Very nice thoyght. i like this article.

Bharat Mistry

kc cordero said...

i'd say woman of substance :)

Imelda Estrella said...

To Mr.Bahrat Misty,
Abhar!In the face of crisis and ailing economy, the world needs genius and finance advisor like you. Your accounts are feeding the correct figures, hope my writing is feeding right information. Man works on particulars, God works Universal. Sab tek hain. Avjo!

Imelda Estrella said...

To KC,
Hi, Bro of batch '88!My transformation is only from larvae to pupa.He he!
Womam of S has money, I have only tf coming from the sweat on my brow, ink of my pen. Thanks. Always ingat.